BRANDING - ARCHITECTURE - BUILDING CONSTRUCTION - RENOVATION - MONUMENT PROTECTION INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE - DESIGN - BUILDING SUPERVISION
Soul work - mirroring – rooting
In 1858 the first part of the building was opened as a “Kinderbewahranstalt” by Archduchess Sophie, mother of Emperor Franz Josef. For more than 111 years the building was run as a kindergarten by the School Sisters from Bavaria and then by the parish for another 8 years. The building was extended during this time and underwent some structural changes. After that, the building served as offices, building yard and residential purposes, as well as a music home for the community.
In 2019, the entire building has been renovated and converted into 4 units. In particular, due to the location, it was necessary to create visual relationships to the monastery, the Traunstein, the lake, the Sonnstein, the Geiswand and the village square. The house was opened up axially, so to speak, and open spaces were supplemented with balconies.
The personal requirement, however, was to use historical elements. Thus, all windows were converted to box floor windows, some old ceilings were exposed and combined with the current lifestyle. On the ground floor, history meets polished screed and minimalist kitchen designs and bathrooms. Each of the apartments has its own USP – rock garden, herringbone meets sacristy, creativity meets rock.
This mix is what makes the charm of the house on the village square.